Apply for JASSO Scholarship 2018 for Short-term Study in Japan for Bangladeshi and International Students
Name of Scholarships: JASSO Scholarship
Scholarship Provider: Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO)
Scholarship to study in Japan
Monthly Stipend: JPY 80000
Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) is an independent administrative institution established under the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (Monbukagakusho). JASSO comprehensively administers scholarship programs, support programs for international students, and student support programs. The purpose of these programs is to foster the development of creative individuals who, rich in humanism, will become the leaders of society in the next generation, while at the same time to promote international understanding and exchange. JASSO offers scholarship for qualified international students who are accepted by a Japanese university, graduate school, junior college, college of technology (3rd grade or upper) or professional training college (hereinafter referred to as “Japanese school”) under a student exchange agreement or other student exchange arrangement on a short-term basis from 8 days to one year between Japanese school and their home higher educational institution outside Japan (hereinafter referred to as “home school”).
A Monthly stipend of JPY 80,000 will be provided to the selected applicants.
The applicant must satisfy following conditions. Please contact your home shool or Japanese school for details:
- Students enrolled in a regular course of study in a higher educational institution outside Japan (home school).
- Students accepted by Japanese school under a student exchange agreement or other student exchange arrangement with their home school.
- Students demonstrating excellent academic and personal records at their home school.
- Students not having the financial means to study in Japan.
- Students, upon termination of the period of study in Japan, will complete their studies at their home school.
- Students eligible for ‘Student Visa’.（For study in Japan for 90 days or less, Japanese school will arrange the status of residence.）
- If students receive other scholarships together with this scholarship for the study in Japan, the total amount of monthly stipend of other scholarships should not exceed the amount of this scholarship (JPY 80,000 per month).
- Students cannot receive any other scholarship from the Japanese government or JASSO together with this scholarship.
Eligible Regions: Open for All except Japan.
- Applications for the scholarship will be accepted through Japanese school. Direct applications from home higher educational institutions outside Japan or students will not be accepted.
- Upon screening the application documents submitted by Japanese school, JASSO will decide the programs and the number of students and notice the results to Japanese school.
- The recruiting period and the selection method of exchange students are different from each school and each program. For further information and inquiry, applicants are advised to ask each Japanese school or home school.
Please contact your home school or Japanese school for inquiries.
For more details please click on this link: http://www.jasso.go.jp/en/study_j/scholarships/scholarship/short_term.html