Government of India has announced ICCR Scholarship application opportunity for Bangladeshi students under the academic session 2018-2019 on January 4, 2018.
This year the scholarships will be awarded to meritorious Bangladeshi students to pursue various courses at the Under Graduate, Post Graduate and PhD level, except in Medicine. Scholars are eligible to apply under the schemes below-
- Bangladesh Scholarship Scheme (for undergraduate courses including engineering, post graduate courses and PhD / Post Doctoral courses);
- India Scholarship Scheme (for undergraduate courses excluding engineering, post graduate courses and PhD / Post doctoral courses)
Candidates are required to have proficiency in English and should have secured minimum 60 percent marks or GPA 3 out of GPA 5 in the qualifying examination. To apply click on the link- http://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in/
An applicant have to create individual login ID and password before submitting the applications online. Applicants are requested to apply online individually after reading the instructions. While applying online, candidates may note the following-
- The candidate/s who are applying for BE/B Tech. courses should have studied Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry in their school leaving examinations
- Applicants should be 18 years of age by July 2018.
- All students will have to stay in the hostels. No exception for family/ health reasons to stay outside is entertained.
The last date of submission of online application forms on the portal is 1700 hours on Saturday, January 20, 2018.
The date and venue of English Proficiency Test (EPT) which will be of 30 minutes duration, and date and venue would be intimated in due course.
ICCR Scholarships 2018-2019 in India for Bangladeshi Students
Instructions to candidates for filling the application form
- All entries (except the signature) in the application should be filled in correctly.
- Application should be complete in all respects, with all the required information and all necessary supporting documents, as listed below-
- A recent passport size photograph not more than 3.5×4.5cm (25kb) should be uploaded on the application form in the space provided.
- Copies of all academic qualifications, certificates and mark sheets, including those relating to school leaving examination must be uploaded.
- A certificate of physical fitness in the prescribed form.
- Recommendations / character certificates from existing school.
- Physical fitness form can be downloaded from the ‘Guideline Button’ of the application portal.
- Certified copies of relevant pages of candidate’s valid passport showing photograph, name, contact details, date of issue, date of expiry and place of issue. Please ensure that your passport is valid for the duration of the course for which you have applied.
Note: Ensure that certified copies of documents showing specific qualifications required for the course of your choice (such as GMAT scores for admission in MBA, TOEFL/IELTS scores for English courses etc.) are also attached. The requirements can be checked from the UGC/Institute/University website.
(Original Certificates or documents must be carried by the applicant if admitted, for verification by the university/institute)