Apply for ADB-Japan Scholarship Programme 2018 at AIT, Thailand for Bangladeshi and Asian Students
Name of Scholarships: ADB-Japan Scholarship Programme
Scholarships Provider: Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Scholarships to study in Thailand
Application Deadline: March 31, 2018
The Asian Institute of Technology promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region through higher education, research, and outreach. Established in Bangkok in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some of the top universities in the world. Recognized for its multinational, multicultural ethos, the Institute operates as a self-contained international community at its campus located 40km (25 miles) north of downtown Bangkok, Thailand.
For applicants who are in need of financial aid, various scholarships are awarded on competitive basis.The Asian Development Bank/Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) offers about 150 postgraduate scholarships a year for studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at designated institutions (DIs) in the Asia and Pacific region which includes AIT.The maximum duration of the scholarship award is two years for the MA, MS, & MBA Program. The ADB-JSP does not cover: expenses for the scholar family; extra-curricular courses or training; additional travel during the course of study program; additional expenses related to supplementary educational materials, field trips, or participation in workshops, seminars, or internships while at the DI or purchase of educational equipment such as computers.
- Tuition fees (actual costs)
- Housing (based on actual cost of dormitory housing or a reasonable allowance for appropriate off-campus housing—to be agreed upon between each DI and ADB).
- Subsistence Allowance including housing allowance (a flat allowance to be agreed upon between each DI and ADB).
- Student Medical and accident insurance (flat allowance).
- Books (a flat allowance to be agreed upon between each DI and ADB).
- Economy class air travel at the most direct route to and from the DI and the awardee’s home country (actual costs).
- Miscellaneous expenses related to travel such as visa fees, airport taxes, luggage allowance, etc. (a flat allowance).
- Excess luggage up to 20 kgs may be financed during return travel to the home country (actual costs).
- Thesis/Research Allowance is intended to cover the scholar’s research expenditures and can be used for such expenditure items as photocopying, school supplies, typing and computer charges, postage, communications, binding charges, local travel costs and accommodation for out-of-town trips. (a flat allowance)
- Scholars are expected to have sufficient skills in language and computer to undertake their study program. However, in special cases where additional training is deemed necessary, expenditures incurred to improve language proficiency and computer literacy may be covered under the scholarship (actual costs).
- A national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship)
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with the superior academic record.
At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at a time of application.
- Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- In good health.
- Should agree to return to his/her home county after completion of studies under the Program.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- The staff of AIT is not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for the scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
Eligible Regions: ADB borrowing member countries.
- Apply online through the given link
- For further information please visit the official website.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2018 (41 Days Remaining)
For more details please click on this link: https://www.ait.ac.th/admissions/scholarships/asian-development-bank-japan-scholarship-program/