Application Deadline: March 7, 2018
Okayama University in Japan is a top-class national research university with over 140 years of history.The SETOUCHI region, where Okayama University is located, is in the central part of western Japan, facing the Seto Inland Sea, which has about three thousand islands.
This two-week summer program aims to provide students from all around the world with opportunities to learn about the Setouchi region. To advance the SDGs with a clear picture of Setouchi’s past, present and future through a lecture series. Concerning topics such as the revitalization of mountain villages, tourism in a small island, community involvement in the historical town, Kurashiki, the Setouchi Art Festival, and its influence on local people’s lifestyles.In addition to actively participating in special lectures (in English), participants will be expected to do a weekend of independent fieldwork in Kurashiki, where they will stay on July 7th and will visit Naoshima island for the final fieldwork on July 11.
- This program offers excellent opportunities to learn about the natural environment and society from the point of view of the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) and to conduct fieldwork in Kurashiki city and on Naoshima Island.
- Those who successfully complete the program will be awarded a certificate and 3 credits from the Center for Global Partners and Education, Okayama University.
- Undergraduate students who are studying in universities with which Okayama
- University has an agreement for academic or student exchange will be given priority.
- Undergraduate students from other overseas higher education institutions are also encouraged to apply. However, such candidates cannot be considered as candidates for the JASSO scholarship.
- Students who are non-native speaker of English must submit one of the following documents as proof of English proficiency
- TOEFL iBT 61 or above
- IELTS 5.5 with an equivalent mark of the CEFR B2 level or above
- Other English test scores which can be considered as equivalent to the CEFR B2 level or above.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
For more details please click on the following link: https://v3.apollon.nta.co.jp/OkayamaCAMPUS/